FULL TIME. IN-HOUSE. FRIDAYS OFF. FOR IMMEDIATE HIRE.
Job Title: Creative Team Member (Graphic Designer/Creative Powerhouse/Digital Producer)
Who You’d Report To: Upper Management/Creative Director
This position is for a very special type of creative. This is a design-photo-web UX hybrid where you will be challenged daily to create various mediums with various programs. We are a small business, so if you like rigid roles where you are doing a repetitive task, this is not the position for you. We work with a lot of different clients in a lot of different styles, and this requires adaptability, a wide skill set, and the ability to create in a variety of stylistic decisions.
This role is responsible for conceptualization and implementation of design solutions that support a brand and business objective from concept to completion. These designs will include the marketing projects, programs and tasks associated with new and updated sales tools and product support material to include national advertising, brochures, presentations, POP and national marketing promotions/campaigns. You must be seasoned. You must have your shit together. This is not an entry-level design position.
• Highly motivated and a high level of initiative; ability to work independently, under minimal supervision in support of the company’s goals and objectives.
• The ideal candidate will possess a degree in Graphic Design or related field and a minimum of three years design experience.
• Produce compelling designs for internal and external clients, both creatively and effectively, in multiple media types including, but not limited to print, digital and collateral.
• Assist in the creative and production of special events and/or meetings throughout the year and needs to be able to travel to events up to twice a year if required.
• Strong interpersonal skills; a team player, positive and innovative thinker.
• Demonstrates knowledge of printing techniques/requirements for developing print-ready mechanical files and work directly with print vendors to ensure quality and maintain cost standards.
• Must demonstrate proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (ESPECIALLY Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Lightroom, and AdobeXD) on a Mac platform. Ability to produce and be able to speak to web and digital related media is a plus. Ability to code websites, or at least the willingness to learn this, as well as other new skills. Ability to handdraw or Illustrate/Watercolor and then digitize designs is a requirement as well.
• Candidate should have excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, as this individual will be interacting with executive management, as well as daily client interaction.
• Must have the ability to manage multiple and changing priorities efficiently and effectively under strict timelines with minimal supervision.
• Capable of creation of Trail Maps. Creation of trail maps often requires riding trails, dropping pins on GIS software, and keeping track of all data. Then turning it into a trail map.
• Maintain best practices for file and server management, including the consistent application of naming conventions, file/folder organization and versioning control
• Seek out new design perspectives, technologies and bring ideas and innovation to the table.
• Must possess excellent decision making skills and be able to take action with minimal guidance. Ability to open and close the office.
• Possess a positive attitude when working with colleagues, associates, and clients. Be solutions-oriented, and supportive in finding solutions to unexpected challenges.
• Candidate will put his or her time-management skills and ability to work under pressure to the test in this fast-paced corporate environment.
Hours: Full Time, with a probationary period.
Salary: Minimum of $40k + DOE
How to Apply:
Email COVER LETTER, RESUME, PORTFOLIO, and SALARY REQUIREMENTS
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must include design samples
via pdf or link to online portfolio.
Deadline to Apply: November 17, 2019
Wheelie Deep Thoughts
This is where we showcase fun stuff-- new work, case studies, weekly updates, job openings, and general awesomeness from members of the Wheelie Crew.
Read Posts About:
Glacier Park Conservancy
Spencer Trail Signs
Glacier Park Inc.
Whitefish Trail Signs
The North Fork
The Montana Scene
Logos We've Made